Health & Safety Training
By working alongside you and listening closely to your needs, R.E.A.L. Workforce Solutions can offer a highly personalised service that will not only provide compliance with statutory requirements, but a ‘human touch’ that comes from taking the time to develop a thorough understanding of your client’s organisation.
Our organisation benefits from having worked directly with the East Midlands’ leading provider of Alternative Education ‘R.E.A.L. Education’ for the past 10 years. Our unique market position and experience in working alongside the development of cutting edge alternative provision means that our service is truly unique in its breadth of offer in providing support to other settings.
Our consultants hold national and internationally recognised qualifications in occupational safety, health and welfare and have been instrumental in satisfying Health and Safety challenges faced by our partner organisation to satisfy key external agencies such as Ofsted, Local Authorities, Fire and Rescue services, Environmental Health and the Health and Safety Executive.
What we do
R.E.A.L. Workforce Solutions are able to offer complete peace of mind for a wide range of education and vocational settings; ranging from schools and academies, to alternative providers and industry based training settings.
Our service offer includes
- A dedicated health and safety advisor who is able to provide compliance and support with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other relevant health and safety legislation.
- Inspections, audits and review as part of a health and safety management system.
- Innovative access to web based and telephone competent health and safety advice in line with legal requirements.
- Advice and support on the implementation of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Support in best practice around development of risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Access to a web-based solution for recording accidents, near miss incidents and RIDDOR reporting requirements
- Building and facilities management support including fire safety, legionella and asbestos.
- Support with external agencies including Ofsted, Local Authorities, Fire and Rescue services, Environmental Health and the Health and Safety Executive.
- Onsite monitoring to ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain your schools health and safety management system in conjunction with consultancy advice.
- Support with civil claims and complaints to mitigate potential liability.
- Board Reports
- Support and advice with building and maintenance work that falls within the remit of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
Given the ever increasing financial pressures on education and training institutions, our rates are highly competitive and have been set in line with our ethos to provide high quality services for an affordable price. We believe that your money should be invested back into education services and will work with your budget to find an effective solution for your needs.
Benefits to you
- This service will enable you to understand what proactive and reactive action you need to take to maintain legal compliance.
- Access to health and safety professionals.
- A single point of contact for all health and safety queries with support and guidance to ensure that you are updated and informed of legal requirements.
- Support with the immediate and ongoing impact of any serious accidents/ complaints/ enforcement notices and prosecutions. We will fully support you onsite, coordinating your response to any investigation.
- Professional support with use of chemicals and products used within science and design technology.
We offer the following flexible training solutions:
- IOSH training including the internationally recognised Managing Safely and Working Safely programmes
- Risk Assessment Awareness
- Work at Height
- Fire Safety
- Display Screen Assessment
- Manual Handling
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Employee induction training.
All courses can be tailored to suit individual requirements and can be run from our own venues or at client’s premises.
Access to competent health and safety support is a legal requirement placed upon all employers including schools and other educational settings. A failure to effectively manage health and safety within any workplace can lead to accidents and this will in turn have an adverse effect on the business including reputational damage and financial losses through criminal prosecution and civil claims. Furthermore the failure to engage with competent advice , could expose individuals including Directors and Managers to potential prosecution resulting in significant fines and/or imprisonment.
For help and information about how to discuss our services, please email us.
The Health and Safety Advisor was very pleasant, informative and put the jargon into plain English, making it easy to understand. He was helpful and friendly and gave an in-depth account of all our health and safety requirements. A detailed report was given at the end of the inspection which was very useful and allowed me to comply with the legal requirements. Additional support has been offered since the inspection and advice has been given. Thank you very much.
Managing Director, Buxton Training Enterprises Ltd
R.E.A.L. Workforce Solutions have been commissioned by the club to ensure it meets its statutory requirements for health and safety. The work carried out to date has been thorough and comprehensive, and provided at sensible rates.
Chairman, Ilkeston Rugby Club
Linda Lynn Cook has provided invaluable support and guidance supporting our school improvement work around SEND. She has lead a number of SEND reviews and her insight and knowledge means we have been able to pinpoint our successful practice but also develop comprehensive action plans confident in the knowledge that we are focusing on the right areas to ensure the correct provision for our most vulnerable students. Linda's style is incredibly supportive and she is able to coach members of staff to ensure that they are able to communicate the knowledge they hold but she is able to work with them to understand their next steps without undermining their confidence. This means that reviews are approached in a positive manner and result in a team sharing a vision knowing how to move the school forward.